People Buy YOU
PEOPLE BUY YOU.
We live in a media-saturated society where views and traction dictate buyer action. For this very reason, social media trends for buying likes, stealing likes, or craving likes is at an all-time high. Yet, since the time we were little children, we were told, “don’t judge a book by its cover.” But contrary to this teaching, cliché or not, we all know that first impressions (and even 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th, and so on…) drastically impact the outcome.
You may have been asking yourself: what is the most important factor to my success as a sales or business professional?
- Is it education, my training, experience, job title, territory, or business dress?
- Is it my company’s reputation, product, price, marketing collateral, service guarantees, management strength, or location?
- Is it our testimonials, the latest Forbes write up, or brand awareness?
- Is it the investment in the latest CRM software, business 2.0 tools, or social media strategy?
You might even hire a fancy consulting firm, make the list longer, add some bullet points, put it into a PowerPoint presentation, and go through the whole dog and pony show.
But at the end of the day, there will be only one conclusion…
None of the above!
THE SECRET SAUCE.
You see, the most important competitive edge for today’s entrepreneurs cannot be found on this list, your resume, or in any of your company’s marketing brochures.
If you want to know the real secret to what matters most in business, just look in the mirror.
That’s right, it’s YOU.
Do all of these other things matter?…Yes, of course, they do. But, in the competitive world we live in today, when all things are said and done, People Buy You.
Your ability to build lasting business relationships that allow you to close more deals, retain clients, increase your income, and rise to the top of your industry, depends on your skills for getting other people to like you, trust you, and BUY YOU.
We’d like you to examine a few things:
- If you were the outsider looking in — would you buy you?
- Do your words, body language and actions draw people in, captivate their attention and demand action?
- Are you personable and friendly? Does your presence at the gym create an inviting environment for customers and staff alike?
- Are you presentable (Yes, we get it. You’re up at 4am running early morning classes. But do you keep yourself fresh, groomed and attractive?)
- Are you confident in your own skin — as a coach, as a business owner, as a husband or wife, as a friend?
Like it or not, your vibe attracts your tribe and in a day and age where people crave community and acceptance, the key to opening doors and closing business deals starts and finishes with you. If you’re naturally shy or introverted, don’t let this discourage you. Learn to create instant connections with your prospects and customers and this will lead to long-term success.