Create A Campaign From Start To Finish
UNDERSTANDING FACEBOOK AD CAMPAIGNS.
Depending upon the marketing objective, there are three main categories for Facebook ad campaigns:
- Awareness: increasing awareness for your brand by reaching people who are more likely to be interested in it
- Consideration: results-driven through traffic, app installs, FB messenger and engagement
- Conversion: an event — such as an ad view, landing page view, product purchase, or thank you page view or “lead”
When logged into your FB Ad Manager, you’ll see the ad campaign categories like this:
In this lesson, we will teach you how to create a conversion ad to optimize your targeting based upon the conversions you got in the past in order to know who to target in the future.
Before getting started, it’s important that we review the terms, tools, and process related to this technique.
- What’s a campaign? The campaign is the foundation for your ad. Here you’ll choose an advertising objective (ex: landing page views).
- Ads vs. Ad Set: an ad is what your customers or audience will see but an ad set tells your ad how to run— at this level you’ll create an audience for your ad using targeting options. You’ll define your audience, create a budget and set a schedule for your ad.
- Facebook Pixel: we taught you how to install your Facebook Pixel. As a quick recap, the Facebook pixel is a powerful tool that is added to your landing page or website to measure the impact of your ads. It tracks website / landing page activities (link clicks or other events) and helps you to improve your return on advertising by tracking actions that matter to your business and then reach specific new and existing customers.
- What’s a conversion? A conversion is a specific action taken on your website / landing page. These actions are tracked through your Facebook Pixel. This can include anything from visiting a page to opting in as a new lead.
- How to “optimize” for a conversion: when creating a conversion ad set, you will specify the type of optimization event you want to track. For example, some advertisers may want to optimize for link clicks. In this lesson, we will optimize for landing page views.
- Why optimize for landing page views? This type of conversion drives higher quality traffic than link clicks do, since a landing page view only happens when the specific page you are sending people to loads (if someone clicks a link, but then closes out your page before it loads, that still counts as a link click). In order for the Facebook pixel to accurately show good data on your website / landing page traffic, there must be at least 50 conversion events per week, otherwise, Facebook doesn’t have enough data to support its tracking algorithms. Thus, it’s important that you spend enough in ad spend every week to get the 50 conversion events. Based on trends, this is somewhere between $10 – $30 / day in ad spend.
- STEP 1: Have at least 6 different videos prepared (best if you can have 8, 10, 12 videos)
- STEP 2: Watch the following training video and follow the tutorials on how to create your conversion ads as well as duplicate your ads / ad sets.
- STEP 3: After we’ve reviewed your customized system together, you’ll then spend $15 to 20/day on each video ad. Afterwards, we’ll teach you (later in the course) how to analyze the results, kill the non-performing video ads, pick the winning ad and re-attribute the budget to the winning ads.
VIDEO TRAINING: CREATING CONVERSION ADS
MAXOUT All-In-One Platform is the #1 Client Acquisition Platform For Fitness Professionals